The Final Installment Of The Animated Series Continues To Steamroll Competition
Tyler Perry’s Madea tried her hardest this week but How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World kept its top spot at the box office. The Hidden World brought in just over $30 million in its second week. Aided by less than stellar competition, that brings its total domestic haul up just under $100 million at an impressive $97.6 million.
Coming in a close second this week is Tyler Perry’s latest trip to Madea’s house. Tyler Perry’s A Madea Family Funeral brought in a healthy $27 million in its debut to make it’s budget back and than some.
Continuing to deliver a disappointing national run, Alita: Battle Angel landed in third this week with a paltry $7.2 million. Robert Rodriguez’ latest graphic novel adaptation has been saved by
Rounding out the top five this week are two family movies with different expectations. In fourth, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part also continues to disappoint domestically with $6.6 million. That’s enough to push its total up over $90 million
Here’s a full look a the top ten movies at the box office from this weekend:
1. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – $30 million, $97.6 million
2. Tyler Perry’s A Madea Family Funeral – $27 million, $27 million
3. Alita: Battle Angel – $7.2 million, $72.4 million
4. The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part – $6.6 million, $91.6 million
5. Fighting With My Family – $4.6 million, $14.9 million
6. Green Book – $4.5 million, $75.7 million
7. Isn’t It Romantic – $4.5 million, $40.1 million
9. What Men Want – $2.7 million, $49.7 million
10. Happy Death Day 2U – $2.4 million, $25.2 million
Domestic totals in bold.
Box office numbers courtesy of boxofficemojo.com.
Check out last weekend’s box office totals here.