Captain Marvel continues to dominate the March box office. In it’s second week at the box office sensation added another $69.3 million to its total. The powerful Carol Danvers’ has reached $250 million domestic as it nears $800 million worldwide. If it continues to have legs throughout the next couple weeks, Captain Marvel could break the $1 billion mark by the end of it’s run.
The debut of the animated film Wonder Park, brings in a healthy $16 million domestically, with an additional $4 million from overseas markets. The paramount produced film will have to have strong longevity
Also debuting this week was the book-to-film adaptation Five Feet Apart, landing in third this week with $13.1 million made.
Rounding out the top five are the everlasting How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World and Tyler Perry’s A Madea Family Funeral. The final installment of How to Train Your Dragon added another $9.3 million, pushing its domestic total up to $135.6 million. The latest Madea movie made $8 million in its third week, pushing its domestic return just shy of $60 million.
Here’s a full look a the top ten movies at the box office from this weekend:
1. Captain Marvel – $69.3 million, $266.2 million
2. Wonder Park – $16 million, $16 million
3. Five Feet Apart – $13.1 million, $13.1 million
4. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – $9.3 million, $135.6 million
5. Tyler Perry’s A Madea Family Funeral – $8 million, $59 million
6. No Manches Frida 2 – $3.8 million, $3.8 million
7. Captive State – $3.1 million, $3.1 million
8. The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part – $2.1 million, $101.3 million
9. Alita: Battle Angel – $1.9 million, $81.8 million
10. Green Book – $1.2 million, $82.6 million
Domestic totals in bold.
Box office numbers courtesy of boxofficemojo.com.
Check out last weekend’s box office totals here.